Taproot Theatre Company’s Senior Matinee Program provides seniors with an affordable way to participate in live theatre. Seniors aged 62 and older can enjoy a convenient daytime performance at our theatre. We offer Sennheiser listening devices, a Hearing Loop in the Jewell Mainstage Theatre, wheelchair and walker accessible seating.
Our performances make a great outing for Retirement Communities, Senior Centers, book clubs, church groups and more. For more information or to book your tickets, please contact Group Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org 206.781.9708.
Welcome to Intergenerational Matinees at Taproot Theatre! Our intergenerational program enhances student education, providing theatre as a tool and springboard for learning, growth and communication. Additionally, these matinees are intended to bridge a gap between student and senior groups creating a learning environment where different ages can interact and discuss the play.
Tickets for Intergenerational Matinees cannot always be purchased online; if not available online, for single tickets call the Box Office at 206.781.9707, for student/senior groups call Group Sales at 206.781.9708.
2017/18 Intergenerational Matinee Season
Camping with Henry and Tom | Jewell Mainstage Theatre
by Mark St. Germain
Date: Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 10:30 AM
Crowns | Jewell Mainstage Theatre
by Regina Taylor
Adapted from the book by Michael Cunningham and Craig Marberry
Date: Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 10:30 AM (New Time!)
Age Recommendation: 12+
Free Teacher Preview: March 20 at 7:30 PM
Contact Group Sales for tickets. Forced to leave her home, Yolanda finds herself surrounded by a community of women that transcend place and time to infuse her with stories of faith, fortitude and pride in this gospel musical.
Suggested Subjects: Language Arts, Music, American History, Humanities, Sociology, Theatre/Drama
Lady Windermere’s Fan | Jewell Mainstage Theatre
by Oscar Wilde
Date: Wed, May 30, 2018 at 10:30 AM (New Time!)
Age Recommendation: 12+
Free Teacher Preview: May 15 at 7:30 PM
Contract Group Sales for tickets. Lady Windermere suspects her husband is having an affair! As rumors swirl and secrets are revealed, the Windermere’s lives are upended and threatened to end in disgrace.
Suggested Subjects: Language Arts, British History, Sociology, Theatre/Drama, English
What are the benefits of attending an Intergenerational Matinee at Taproot Theatre?
- $10 tickets for students and chaperones.
- Teachers are invited to attend FREE preview performances.
- FREE reproducible Play Guide that includes: articles relating to the show, an early look at the set and costumes, a list of related books/movies/tv shows recommended by the Seattle Public Library and questions for you and your students to answer after seeing the play.
- Participate in a lively, guided post-play discussion that includes the actors and director.
- For an additional fee Taproot Theatre is happy to arrange theatre tours, special talks with theatre designers, and/or classroom visits to enhance your humanities curriculum.
- Arts: 1.1, 1.2, 1.4; 2.1, 2.3; 4.1, 4.2, 4.4
- Communication: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3
- Social Studies: History: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3
Free Teacher Previews
Teachers are welcome to attend our Invited Dress performance for each Jewell Mainstage Theatre production. Please RSVP your name, school and number of tickets to email@example.com.