Taproot Theatre Company’s Senior Matinee Program provides seniors with an affordable way to participate in live theatre. Seniors aged 62 and older can enjoy a convenient daytime performance at our theatre. We offer Sennheiser listening devices, a Hearing Loop in the Jewell Mainstage Theatre, wheelchair and walker accessible seating.
Our performances make a great outing for Retirement Communities, Senior Centers, book clubs, church groups and more. For more information or to book your tickets, please contact Group Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org 206.781.9708.
Welcome to Intergenerational Matinees at Taproot Theatre! Our intergenerational program enhances student education, providing theatre as a tool and springboard for learning, growth and communication. Additionally, these matinees are intended to bridge a gap between student and senior groups creating a learning environment where different ages can interact and discuss the play.
Tickets for Intergenerational Matinees cannot always be purchased online; if not available online, for single tickets call the Box Office at 206.781.9707, for student/senior groups call Group Sales at 206.781.9708.
2017/18 Intergenerational Matinee Season
Baskerville: A Sherlock Holmes Mystery | Jewell Mainstage Theatre
by Ken Ludwig
Date: Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 10:30 AM (New Time!)
Age Recommendation: 12+
Free Teacher Preview: Tue, Sep 11 at 7:30 PM
Length: approximately 2 hours, including one 15-minute intermission
Sherlock Holmes is back and searching for clues to explain a mysterious death on a haunted moor. Five fearless actors conjure over 35 characters to deliver laughter and chills in this dizzyingly inventive adaptation of The Hound of the Baskervilles. Bite your nails and howl with delight as Holmes and Watson face their most diabolical case ever.
Related Topics: Theatre/Drama, British Literature, Mystery, Character Analysis, Classic Literature with a contemporary spin, Victorian EraDownload the Baskerville Play Guide
Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley | Jewell Mainstage Theatre
by Lauren Gunderson and Margot Melcon
Date: Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 10:30 AM (New Time!)
Age Recommendation: 14+
Free Teacher Preview: Mon, Nov 19 at 7:30 PM
Length: 2 hours and 15 minutes, including one 15-minute intermission
In this cleverly imagined sequel to Pride and Prejudice, dutiful middle-sister Mary Bennet grows weary of playing her pianoforte alone. When an unanticipated visitor proves to be a kindred soul and intellectual match, Mary must trade her books for wits. Join us for an enchanting romantic comedy for a most stylish holiday.
Related Topics: Language Arts, Theatre/Drama, Regency Period, Based on Classic Literature, Women’s Literature
What are the benefits of attending an Intergenerational Matinee at Taproot Theatre?
- $10 tickets for students and chaperones.
- Teachers are invited to attend FREE preview performances.
- FREE reproducible Play Guide that includes: articles relating to the show, an early look at the set and costumes, a list of related books/movies/tv shows recommended by the Seattle Public Library and questions for you and your students to answer after seeing the play.
- Participate in a lively, guided post-play discussion that includes the actors and director.
- For an additional fee Taproot Theatre is happy to arrange theatre tours, special talks with theatre designers, and/or classroom visits to enhance your humanities curriculum.
- Arts: 1.1, 1.2, 1.4; 2.1, 2.3; 4.1, 4.2, 4.4
- Communication: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3
- Social Studies: History: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3
Free Teacher Previews
Teachers are welcome to attend our Invited Dress performance for each Jewell Mainstage Theatre production. Please RSVP your name, school and number of tickets to email@example.com.